Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 95. Social Workers
- Section 990. Definitions.
previous: Section 920
. Unified Occupation. [Repealed, Sec. 9 Ch 36 SLA 2005].
next: Chapter 98
AS 08.95.990. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "board" means the Board of Social Work Examiners;
- (2) "clinical social work" means the diagnosis of psychiatric disorders and the use of techniques of applied psychotherapy
of a nonmedical nature while practicing social work;
- (3) "clinical social worker" means a person who practices clinical social work;
- (4) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (5) "practitioner of the healing arts" has the meaning given in AS 47.17.290.
- (6) " social work" means a service in which a special knowledge of social resources, human capabilities, and the part that
unconscious motivation plays in determining behavior is directed, through the application of social work principles and
methods, at helping individuals to achieve more adequate, satisfying, and productive social adjustments;
- (7) "social work principles and methods" include counseling of a nonmedical nature to assist in the treatment of mental
and emotional conditions of individuals, families, and groups; providing information and referral services; providing
or arranging for the provision of social services; explaining and interpreting the psychosocial aspects in the
situations of individuals, families, or groups; helping communities to organize, provide, or improve social and health
services; and doing research related to social work.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.