Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 88. Real Estate Brokers and Other Licensees
- Section 161. License Required.
previous: Section 150
. - 08.88.160l [Repealed, Sec. 3 Ch 95 SLA 1964].
next: Section 165
. Conduct of Auctions.
AS 08.88.161. License Required.
Unless licensed as a real estate broker, associate real estate broker, or real estate salesperson in this state, a
person may not, except as otherwise provided in this chapter,
- (1) sell, exchange, rent, lease, auction, or purchase real estate;
- (2) list real estate for sale, exchange, rent, lease, auction, or purchase;
- (3) collect rent for the use of real estate or collect fees for property management;
- (4) practice, or negotiate for a contract to practice, property management;
- (5) collect fees for community association management;
- (6) practice, or negotiate for a contract to practice, community association management;
- (7) as a business, buy, sell, or deal in
- (A) options in real estate; or
- (B) options in improvements to real estate;
- (8) assist in or direct the procuring of prospective buyers and sellers of real estate, communicate with prospective
buyers and sellers of real estate, or assist in the negotiation of a transaction that results or is calculated to
result in the sale, exchange, rent, lease, auction, or purchase of real estate;
- (9) accept or pay a fee for the performance of any of the activities listed in this section except as otherwise
specifically provided in this chapter;
- (10) hold out to the public as being engaged in the business of doing any of the things listed in this section; or
- (11) attempt or offer to do any of the things listed in this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.