Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 87. Real Estate Appraisers
- Section 120. Continuing Education Requirements For Renewal of Certificate.
previous: Section 110
. General, Residential, and Institutional Real Estate Appraiser Certificates.
next: Section 200
. Prohibited Practices.
AS 08.87.120. Continuing Education Requirements For Renewal of Certificate.
- (a) The board may not renew a certificate issued under this chapter unless the person applying for renewal presents
evidence satisfactory to the board that the person has, within the two years preceding the application for renewal,
attended classroom instruction, as required by the board in regulation, in courses or seminars that have received the
approval of the board.
- (b) The board may grant credit toward some or all of the requirements of (a) of this section to a person who has
- (1) successfully completed a program of study determined by the board to be equivalent for continuing education purposes
to a course or seminar approved by the board for continuing education credit; or
- (2) participated, other than as a student, in educational programs that related to real estate analysis or real property
appraisal theory, practice, or technique, including teaching, program development, and preparation of textbooks,
monographs, articles, and other instructional materials.
- (c) The board shall adopt regulations on continuing education to ensure that persons applying for renewal of certificates
have thorough knowledge of current theories, practices, and techniques of real estate analysis and appraisal. The
regulations must provide for
- (1) procedures for the sponsor of a course or seminar to apply for board approval for continuing education credit; the
regulations must require the sponsor to show that claimed attendance at a course or seminar can be verified; and
- (2) procedures for evaluating equivalency claims for applicants for certificate renewal under (b) of this section.
- (d) In considering whether to approve courses and seminars under this section, the board shall give special consideration
to courses, seminars, and other appraisal education programs developed by or under the auspices of organizations or
associations of professional real estate appraisers that are utilized by those organizations or associations for the
purposes of awarding real estate appraisal designations or of indicating compliance with the continuing education
requirements of the organizations or associations.
- (e) An amendment or repeal of a regulation adopted by the board under this section shall not operate to deprive a person
holding a certificate under this chapter of credit toward renewal of the person's certificate for a course of
instruction or seminar that had been completed by the person before the amendment or repeal of the regulation.
Article 03. PROHIBITED PRACTICES AND DISCIPLINARY PROCEEDINGS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.