Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 80. Pharmacists and Pharmacies
- Section 145. Reciprocity; License Transfer.
previous: Section 140
. License By Credentials. [Repealed, Sec. 28 Ch 45 SLA 1996].
next: Section 147
. Renewal of Licensure.
AS 08.80.145. Reciprocity; License Transfer.
If another jurisdiction allows licensure in that jurisdiction of a pharmacist licensed in this state under conditions
similar to those in this section, the board may license as a pharmacist in this state a person licensed as a pharmacist
in the other jurisdiction if the person
- (1) submits a written application to the board on a form required by the board;
- (2) is at least 18 years of age;
- (3) is of good moral character;
- (4) possesses at the time of the request for licensure as a pharmacist in this state the qualifications necessary to be
eligible for licensure in this state;
- (5) has engaged in the practice of pharmacy for at least one year or has met the internship requirements of this state
within the one-year period immediately before applying for a license under this section;
- (6) presents proof satisfactory to the board that the person is currently licensed as a pharmacist in the other
jurisdiction and does not currently have a pharmacist license suspended, revoked, or otherwise restricted except for
failure to apply for renewal or failure to obtain the required continuing education credits;
- (7) has passed an examination approved by the board that tests the person's knowledge of Alaska laws relating to
pharmacies and pharmacists and the regulations adopted under those laws; and
- (8) pays all required fees.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.