Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 68. Nursing
- Section 400. Exceptions to Application of Chapter.
previous: Section 395
. Determination of Death By Registered Nurse.
next: Section 405
. Delegation of Nursing Functions.
AS 08.68.400. Exceptions to Application of Chapter.
- (a) This chapter does not apply to
- (1) a qualified nurse licensed in another state employed by the United States Government or a bureau, or agency, or
division of the United States Government while in the discharge of official duties;
- (2) nursing service given temporarily in the event of a public emergency, epidemic, or disaster;
- (3) the practice of nursing by a student enrolled in a nursing education program accredited by the board when the practice
is in connection with the student's course of study;
- (4) the practice of nursing by an individual enrolled in an approved program or course of study approved by the board to
satisfy the requirements of AS 08.68.251
- (5) the practice of nursing by a nurse licensed in another state who engages in nursing education or nursing consultation
activities, if these activities and contact with clients do not exceed 20 working days within a licensing period; or
- (6) the practice of nursing by a nurse licensed in another state whose employment responsibilities include transporting
patients into, out of, or through this state; however, this exception is valid for a period not to exceed 48 hours for
- (b) In this section, the word "nurses" includes registered and practical nurses, and "nursing" means registered and
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.