Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 68. Nursing
- Section 334. Grounds For Denial, Suspension, or Revocation of Certificate.
previous: Section 333
. Registry of Certified Nurse Aides.
next: Section 335
. Immunity For Certain Reports to the Board.
AS 08.68.334. Grounds For Denial, Suspension, or Revocation of Certificate.
The board may deny a certification to, or impose a disciplinary sanction authorized under AS 08.01.075
against, a person who
- (1) has obtained or attempted to obtain certification as a nurse aide by fraud, deceit, or intentional misrepresentation;
- (2) has been convicted of a crime substantially related to the qualifications, functions, or duties of a certified nurse
- (3) has impersonated a registered or practical nurse or other licensed health care provider;
- (4) has intentionally or negligently engaged in conduct that has resulted in a significant risk to the health or safety of
a client or in injury to a client;
- (5) is incapable of working as a certified nurse aide with reasonable skill, competence, and safety for the public because
- (A) professional incompetence;
- (B) addiction or severe dependency on alcohol or a drug that impairs the licensee's ability to practice safely;
- (C) physical or mental disability; or
- (D) other factors determined by the board;
- (6) has knowingly or repeatedly failed to comply with this chapter, a regulation adopted under this chapter, or with an
order of the board; or
- (7) has misappropriated the property of, abused, or neglected a client.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.