Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 68. Nursing
- Section 230. Use of Title and Abbreviation.
previous: Section 220
next: Section 240
. Nurses Licensed or Holding Temporary Permits Under Previous Law.
AS 08.68.230. Use of Title and Abbreviation.
- (a) A person licensed to practice registered nursing in the state may use the title "licensed professional nurse,"
"registered nurse," and the abbreviation "R.N."
- (b) A person licensed to practice practical nursing in the state may use the title "licensed practical nurse" or "licensed
vocational nurse" and the abbreviation "L.P.N." or "L.V.N."
- (c) A person who holds a temporary permit to practice as a registered nurse shall use the title "Temporary Registered
Nurse" and the abbreviation "TRN."
- (d) A person who holds a temporary permit to practice as a licensed practical nurse shall use the title "Temporary
Licensed Practical Nurse" and the abbreviation "TLPN."
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.