Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 65. Direct-Entry Midwives
- Section 190. Definitions.
previous: Section 180
. Responsibility For Care.
next: Chapter 66
. Motor Vehicle Dealers and Buyers' Agents
AS 08.65.190. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "board" means the Board of Certified Direct-Entry Midwives;
- (2) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (3) "practice of midwifery" means providing necessary supervision, health care, and education to women during pregnancy,
labor, and the postpartum period, conducting deliveries on the midwife's own responsibility, and providing immediate
postpartum care of the newborn; "practice of midwifery" includes preventative measures, the identification of physical,
social, and emotional needs of the newborn and the woman, and arranging for consultation, referral, and continued
involvement when the care required extends beyond the abilities of the midwife, and the execution of emergency measures
in the absence of medical assistance, as specified in regulations adopted by the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.