Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 65. Direct-Entry Midwives
- Section 110. Grounds For Discipline, Suspension, or Revocation of Certification.
previous: Section 100
next: Section 120
. Disciplinary Sanctions.
AS 08.65.110. Grounds For Discipline, Suspension, or Revocation of Certification.
The board may impose a disciplinary sanction on a person holding a certificate or permit under this chapter if the
board finds that the person
- (1) secured a certificate or permit through deceit, fraud, or intentional misrepresentation;
- (2) engaged in deceit, fraud, or intentional misrepresentation in the course of providing professional services or
engaging in professional activities;
- (3) advertised professional services in a false or misleading manner;
- (4) has been convicted of a felony or other crime that affects the licensee's ability to continue to practice competently
- (5) intentionally or negligently engaged in or permitted the performance of client care by persons under the certified
direct-entry midwife's supervision that does not conform to minimum professional standards regardless of whether actual
injury to the client occurred;
- (6) failed to comply with this chapter, with a regulation adopted under this chapter, or with an order of the board;
- (7) continued to practice after becoming unfit due to
- (A) professional incompetence;
- (B) failure to keep informed of current professional practices;
- (C) addiction or severe dependency on alcohol or other drugs that impairs the ability to practice safely;
- (D) physical or mental disability;
- (8) engaged in lewd or immoral conduct in connection with the delivery of professional service to clients.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.