Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 64. Medicine
- Section 312. Continuing Education Requirements.
previous: Section 311
. License Renewal. [Repealed, Sec. 49 Ch 94 SLA 1987. For Current Law, See AS 08.01.100
next: Section 313
. Inactive License.
AS 08.64.312. Continuing Education Requirements.
- (a) The board shall promote a high degree of competence in the practice of medicine by requiring every physician licensed
in the state to fulfill continuing education requirements.
- (b) Before a license may be renewed, the licensee shall submit evidence to the board or its designee that continuing
education requirements prescribed by regulations adopted by the board have been met.
- (c) The board or its designee may exempt a physician from the requirements of (b) of this section upon an application by
the physician giving evidence satisfactory to the board or its designee that the physician is unable to comply with the
requirements because of extenuating circumstances. However, a person may not be exempted from more than 15 hours of
continuing education in a five-year period.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.