Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 60. Junk Dealers and Junk Yards
- Section 70. Standards For Location and Regulation.
previous: Section 60
. Certificate of Location.
next: Section 80
. Authorization to Impose Conditions For Establishment, Operation, and Maintenance.
AS 08.60.070. Standards For Location and Regulation.
The commissioner of public safety, the city council, and organized borough assembly, in considering applications and
regulations, shall take into account
- (1) the nature and development of surrounding property;
- (2) the need to protect the local economy, adjacent land owners, and the motoring public from economically depressing and
unsightly roadside locations;
- (3) the proximity of churches, schools, hospitals, public buildings, recreation areas, or other places of public
- (4) the sufficiency in number of other similar business establishments in the vicinity;
- (5) the adequacy of fences and other types of enclosures to prevent the unsightly display of a junk yard;
- (6) the health, safety, and general welfare of the public;
- (7) the suitability of the applicant to establish, maintain, or operate the business under AS 08.60.050
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.