Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 48. Architects, Engineers, and Land Surveyors
- Section 295. Civil Penalty For Unregistered or Unauthorized Practice.
previous: Section 291
. Violations and Penalties.
next: Section 300
. - 08.48.310. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 179 SLA 1972].
AS 08.48.295. Civil Penalty For Unregistered or Unauthorized Practice.
- (a) In addition to any other provision of law, if a person practices or offers to practice architecture, engineering, or
land surveying in the state without being registered or authorized to practice in accordance with the provisions of
this chapter, the board may enter an order levying a civil penalty.
- (b) A civil penalty levied under this section may not exceed $5,000 for each offense. In levying a civil penalty, the
board shall set the amount of the penalty imposed under this section after taking into account appropriate factors,
including the seriousness of the violation, the economic benefit resulting from the violation, the history of
violations, and other matters the board considers appropriate.
- (c) Before issuing an order under this section, the board shall provide the person written notice and the opportunity to
request, within 30 days of issuance of notice by the board, a hearing on the record.
- (d) In connection with proceedings under (a) and (b) of this section, the board may issue subpoenas to compel the
attendance and testimony of witnesses and the disclosure of evidence, and may request the attorney general to bring an
action to enforce a subpoena.
- (e) A person aggrieved by the levy of a civil penalty under this section may file an appeal with the superior court for
judicial review of the penalty under AS 44.62.560
- (f) If a person fails to pay a civil penalty within 30 days after entry of an order under (a) of this section, or if the
order is stayed pending an appeal, within 10 days after the court enters a final judgment in favor of the board of an
order appealed under (e) of this section, the board shall notify the attorney general. The attorney general may
commence a civil action to recover the amount of the penalty.
- (g) An action to enforce an order under this section may be combined with an action for an injunction under AS 08.48.131
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.