Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 42. Morticians
- Section 20. License Required For the Practice of Mortuary Science.
previous: Section 10
. Authority of Department.
next: Section 30
. Examination of Applicants For License to Practice Mortuary Science.
AS 08.42.020. License Required For the Practice of Mortuary Science.
- (a) A person may not engage in the practice of mortuary science or hold out as being engaged in the practice unless
licensed as an embalmer or funeral director by the department. A person holding a license as a funeral director may
not embalm or restore a dead human body, take charge of the remains of a person dead of a communicable disease, or
prepare for transportation by common carrier a human body dead of a communicable disease.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 62 ch 21 SLA 1991].
- (c) In the event the dead body is to be disposed of in a manner not requiring embalming, the department may issue a permit
to an unlicensed person for the care and disposition of dead human bodies for compensation. This permit otherwise in
no way licenses the holder to practice mortuary science.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.