Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 40. Electrical and Mechanical Administrators
- Section 490. Definitions.
previous: Section 400
. Personal Supervision.
next: Chapter 42
AS 08.40.490. Definitions.
In AS 08.40.210
- (1) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development except where the context otherwise
- (2) "manufacture" means fabrication or completion of a product or mechanical apparatus exclusive of its completion or
installation at a job site;
- (3) "mechanical administrator" means a person who is responsible for
- (A) installing or modifying mechanical piping and systems, devices, fixtures, equipment, or other mechanical materials
subject to the Uniform Plumbing Code, Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa, and Hot Tub Code, Uniform Solar Energy Code, and the
Uniform Mechanical Code as published by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and the
International Conference of Building Officials; or
- (B) certifying that an installation or modification described in (A) of this paragraph complies with the applicable codes;
- (4) "mechanical piping" includes piping fixtures, devices, and equipment;
- (5) "utility" means every public, cooperative, or other corporation, company, individual, or association of individuals,
their lessees, trustees, or receivers appointed by a court, that owns, operates, manages, or controls a plant or system
- (A) furnishing, by generation, transmission, or distribution, electrical service, fuel gas service, district heating,
sewage disposal, or domestic water service to the public for compensation;
- (B) furnishing telecommunications service to the public for compensation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.