Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 40. Electrical and Mechanical Administrators
- Section 270. Examination of Applicant.
previous: Section 260
. License Required.
next: Section 280
. Administrator Limited to One Licensed Contractor.
AS 08.40.270. Examination of Applicant.
- (a) Each applicant shall be examined to determine the applicant's
- (1) ability to understand plans, design specifications, and engineering terms commonly used in the mechanical field;
- (2) knowledge of mechanical installations and piping;
- (3) familiarity with the requirements of the Uniform Plumbing Code, Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa, and Hot Tub Code, Uniform
Solar Energy Code, and the Uniform Mechanical Code currently in effect in the state;
- (4) [Repealed, Sec. 37 ch 101 SLA 1994].
- (5) personal skill and ability.
- (b) If an applicant for a license submits proof satisfactory to the department that the applicant is licensed as a
mechanical administrator or the equivalent by another state or territory, meets qualifications established by the
department under AS 08.40.230
, and has passed an examination equivalent to the test administered under (a) of this section, the department shall
waive all of the examination required under (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.