Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 18. Construction Contractors and Home Inspectors
- Section 156. Exemptions Related to Home Inspections.
previous: Section 154
. Limitation On Home Inspector's Activities.
next: Section 160
. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 100 SLA 1968].
AS 08.18.156. Exemptions Related to Home Inspections.
- (a) Notwithstanding other provisions of this chapter, an individual who inspects a home is not required to be registered
under this chapter as a home inspector or associate home inspector if the individual is
- (1) employed by the federal or state government, a political subdivision of the state, a regional housing authority
created under AS 18.55.996(b), or a municipality or
unincorporated community and the employee is performing only duties that are within the employee's official duties;
- (2) performing a home inspection only with respect to property that is the individual's residence or in which the
individual has a financial interest;
- (3) registered as an engineer or architect under AS 08.48, prepares
a written report after the inspection, affixes the individual's seal to the home inspection report, signs and dates the
report, and puts the individual's registration number on the report;
- (4) engaged as an engineer in training or architect in training who works for and is supervised by a person described in
(3) of this subsection and the person described in (3) of this subsection affixes the person's seal to the home
inspection report, signs and dates the report, and puts the person's registration number on the report;
- (5) licensed as a pesticide applicator by the Department of Environmental Conservation and is performing only activities
within the scope of that license;
- (6) registered as a general contractor with a residential contractor endorsement under this chapter and is performing only
activities within the scope of that registration;
- (7) certified as any type of real estate appraiser under AS 08.87
and is performing only activities that are authorized under that certification; or
- (8) only determining whether a building complies with the thermal and lighting energy standards required by AS 46.11.040
- (b) Notwithstanding the definition of "home inspection" in AS 08.18.171(8), an individual is not considered to be doing
a home inspection for purposes of this chapter if the individual
- (1) is in the business of repairing, maintaining, or installing any of the systems or components listed in AS 08.18.171
- (2) inspects the system or component for the sole purpose of determining the condition of the system or component before
performing or offering to perform repair, maintenance, or installation work on the system or component.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.