Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 11. Audiologists and Speech Pathologists
- Section 80. Grounds For Imposition of Disciplinary Sanctions On An Audiologist.
previous: Section 70
. Dealing in Hearing Aids.
next: Section 83
. Grounds For Imposition of Disciplinary Sanctions On a Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant.
AS 08.11.080. Grounds For Imposition of Disciplinary Sanctions On An Audiologist.
After a hearing, the department may impose a disciplinary sanction on an audiologist when the department finds that the
- (1) secured a license through deceit, fraud, or intentional misrepresentation;
- (2) engaged in deceit, fraud, or intentional misrepresentation in the course of practicing audiology;
- (3) advertised professional services in a false or misleading manner;
- (4) has been convicted of a felony or other crime that affects the person's ability to continue to practice competently
- (5) continued to practice audiology after becoming unfit due to
- (A) professional incompetence;
- (B) use of drugs or alcohol in a manner that affects the person's ability to practice audiology competently and safely;
- (C) physical or mental disability;
- (6) permitted another person to use the licensee's license;
- (7) employed a person who does not have a valid current license to practice audiology to perform work as an audiologist
covered by this chapter;
- (8) failed to comply with a provision of this chapter or a regulation adopted under this chapter, or an order of the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.