Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 11. Audiologists and Speech Pathologists
- Section 43. Qualifications For Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant Registration.
previous: Section 42
. Activities of Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant.
next: Section 45
. Supervision of Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant.
AS 08.11.043. Qualifications For Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant Registration.
- (a) The department shall register an individual as a speech-language pathologist assistant if the individual submits an
application on a form approved by the department, pays the required fee, and
- (1) submits proof satisfactory to the department that the individual has successfully completed
- (A) an associate of applied science degree in disabilities with a speech-language support emphasis either from the
University of Alaska Anchorage in affiliation with Prince William Sound Community College or from another approved
- (B) a bachelor's degree in speech-language pathology from an accredited institution; and
- (2) submits proof satisfactory to the department that the individual has successfully completed 100 hours of field work
supervised by a licensed speech-language pathologist.
- (b) Notwithstanding the requirements of (a) of this section, the department shall register an individual as a
speech-language pathologist assistant if the individual provides proof satisfactory to the department that the
individual has been employed in a position for at least one year preceding July 1, 2004, that includes the practice of
speech-language pathologist assistant as set out in AS 08.11.042
and if the individual
- (1) submits an application on a form approved by the department;
- (2) pays the required fee;
- (3) submits proof satisfactory to the department that the individual has passed a competency-based checklist examination
adopted by the department; and
- (4) submits a written recommendation from a licensed speech-language pathologist in support of the application.
- (c) The department shall maintain a registry of individuals registered under this section and shall notify an applicant in
writing of a decision to approve or deny an application under this section. An approval is valid for two years, except
as provided under AS 08.11.083
- (d) The department shall renew a valid registration issued under this chapter if the speech-language pathologist assistant
submits a timely application on a form approved by the department accompanied by a sworn statement that the applicant
has available documentation of approved continuing education consisting of 15 clock hours for the preceding two years.
The department shall approve continuing education if the education is provided at state or regional conferences,
workshops, formal in-service training, independent study programs, or a combination of these, and pertains to
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.