Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 8. Attorneys
- Section 80. Powers of Board.
previous: Section 75
. Meetings of the Board.
next: Section 85
. Annual Report.
AS 08.08.080. Powers of Board.
- (a) Except as may be otherwise provided in this chapter or the Alaska Bar Rules, the board may approve and recommend to
the state supreme court rules
- (1) concerning admission, discipline, licensing, continuing legal education, and defining the practice of law;
- (2) providing for continuing legal education and for certification of a continuing legal education program;
- (3) establishing a program for the certification of attorneys as specialists.
- (b) The board may adopt bylaws and regulations consistent with this chapter and the Alaska Bar Rules
- (1) concerning membership and the classification of membership in the Alaska Bar;
- (2) fixing the annual membership fees;
- (3) concerning annual and special meetings.
- (c) Consistent with this chapter and the Alaska Bar Rules, the board may
- (1) provide for employees of the Alaska Bar, the time, place and method of their selection, and their respective powers,
duties, terms of office, and compensation;
- (2) establish, collect, deposit, invest, and disburse membership and admission fees, penalties, and other funds;
- (3) sue in the name of the Alaska Bar in a court of competent jurisdiction to enjoin a person from doing an act
constituting a violation of this chapter;
- (4) provide for all other matters affecting in any way the organization and functioning of the Alaska Bar.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.