Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 4. Accountants
- Section 5. Purpose.
previous: Chapter 4
next: Section 10
. Creation of Board.
AS 08.04.005. Purpose.
It is the policy of the state and the purpose of this chapter to promote the reliability of information that is used
for guidance in financial transactions or assessing the financial status or performance of commercial, noncommercial,
and governmental enterprises. The public interest requires that
- (1) persons professing special competence in accountancy or who offer assurance as to the reliability or fairness of
presentation of financial information should demonstrate their qualifications to do so, and that persons who have not
demonstrated and maintained adequate qualifications should not be permitted to hold themselves out as having special
competence or to offer assurance about their actions;
- (2) the professional conduct of persons licensed as having special competence in accountancy should be regulated in all
aspects of the practice of public accounting;
- (3) a public authority competent to prescribe and assess the qualifications and to regulate the professional conduct of
practitioners of public accounting should be established; and
- (4) the use of titles relating to the practice of public accounting that are likely to mislead the public as to the
status or competence of the persons using these titles should be prohibited.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.