Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 45. Alaska Credit Union Act
- Section 120. Board of Directors.
previous: Section 110
. Executive Officers.
next: Section 130
. Applications For Membership.
AS 06.45.120. Board of Directors.
- (a) The board of directors shall meet at least once a month and shall have the general direction and control of the
business affairs of the credit union. Minutes of all meetings shall be kept.
- (b) The board of directors shall
- (1) act upon applications for membership;
- (2) require an officer or employee having custody of or handling funds to give bond with good and sufficient surety in an
amount and character to be determined by the board of directors in compliance with regulations adopted by the
commissioner and authorize the payment of the premium by the credit union;
- (3) fill vacancies in the board of directors until successors elected at the next annual meeting have qualified;
- (4) have charge of investments other than loans to members; the board of directors may designate a committee of not less
than two to act as an investment committee that has charge of making investments under rules and procedures established
by the board of directors;
- (5) determine the maximum number of shares and share certificates and the classes of shares and share certificates that
may be held;
- (6) subject to the limitations of this chapter, determine the interest rates on loans, the security, and the maximum
amount that may be loaned or provided in lines of credit;
- (7) subject to regulations adopted by the commissioner, authorize an interest refund to members of record at the close of
business on the last day of any dividend period in proportion to the interest paid by the members during the dividend
- (8) provide for compensation of officers and employees.
- (c) The board of directors may appoint an executive committee of not less than three directors to exercise authority
delegated to it under the conditions and limitations prescribed by the board of directors.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.