Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 5. Alaska Banking Code
- Section 209. Credit Cards.
previous: Section 208
. Revolving Credit Plans. [Repealed, Sec. 102 Ch 26 SLA 1993].
next: Section 210
. Loans to Directors, Officers, and Employees.
AS 06.05.209. Credit Cards.
- (a) A bank is not prohibited from issuing unsolicited credit cards or other similar credit granting devices but the bank
may not hold the customer liable for charges made on a credit card or other device before its acceptance by the
customer. Before an unsolicited card is considered accepted by the customer, the customer shall execute and furnish to
the bank a written statement of acceptance.
- (b) A state bank may issue a credit card or other similar credit granting device to a customer for obtaining money, goods,
services, or anything else of value, and, notwithstanding AS 45.45.010
, the state bank, when credit is extended under this section, may impose a service charge at a monthly rate as agreed
upon by contract between the state bank and the customer receiving the credit granting device.
- (c) In addition to charges authorized under (b) of this section, a bank may charge an annual fee for the issuance of a
credit card or other similar credit granting device.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.