Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 5. Alaska Banking Code
- Section 65. Financial Institution Interest of Department Officers and Employees.
previous: Section 55
. , 06.05.060. Annual Report of Department; Records of Department. [Repealed, Sec. 102 Ch 26 SLA 1993].
next: Section 70
. Preservation of Bank Records. [Repealed, Sec. 102 Ch 26 SLA 1993].
AS 06.05.065. Financial Institution Interest of Department Officers and Employees.
- (a) A bank examiner of the department who deals with the regulation of financial institutions, a special agent selected by
the department to do work relating to financial institutions, the commissioner or deputy commissioner, or the director
of banking may not be an officer, employee, director, trustee, attorney, shareholder, or partner of a financial
institution, or receive, directly or indirectly, a payment or gratuity from a financial institution. A person subject
to this section may not borrow money from a state financial institution, except as provided in this section.
- (b) A person subject to this section may
- (1) be a depositor in a financial institution;
- (2) purchase shares of a savings and loan association on the same terms available to the public;
- (3) be a member of an employee credit union;
- (4) be indebted to a state financial institution upon an installment debt incurred by the employee in the purchase of
goods for personal use only and transferred to the financial institution in the regular course of business, including
debts for household goods, mobile homes, motor vehicles, or boats; or
- (5) retain a preexisting extension of credit that was incurred before commencement of the employment that subjected the
person to this section; any renegotiation of a preexisting extension of credit shall be treated as a new extension of
credit that is subject to the prohibitions of this section.
- (c) This section does not limit the authority of an officer or employee of the department acting in the person's official
capacity in the business of the department.
- (d) [Repealed, Sec. 102 ch 26 SLA 1993].
- (e) [Repealed, Sec. 102 ch 26 SLA 1993].
- (f) [Repealed, Sec. 102 ch 26 SLA 1993].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.