Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 5. Amusements and Sports
- Chapter 45. Ski Liability, Safety, and Responsibility
- Section 110. Competition; Immunity For Ski Area Operator.
previous: Section 100
. Duties and Responsibilities of Skiers.
next: Section 120
. Use of Liability Releases.
AS 05.45.110. Competition; Immunity For Ski Area Operator.
- (a) The ski area operator shall, before the beginning of a ski competition, allow an athlete who will ski in the
competition a reasonable visual inspection of the course or area where the competition is to be held.
- (b) An athlete skiing in competition assumes the risk of all course or area conditions, including weather and snow
conditions, course construction or layout, and obstacles that a visual inspection would have revealed. A ski area
operator is not liable for injury to an athlete who skis in competition and who is injured as a result of a risk
described in this subsection.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.