Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 5. Amusements and Sports
- Chapter 45. Ski Liability, Safety, and Responsibility
- Section 70. Other Duties of Ski Area Operators.
previous: Section 60
. Required Signs For Trails and Slopes; Duties of Operators.
next: Section 80
. Skiers Outside Marked Boundaries.
AS 05.45.070. Other Duties of Ski Area Operators.
- (a) A ski area operator shall equip a motorized snow-grooming vehicle with a light visible at any time the vehicle is
moving on or in the vicinity of a ski slope or trail.
- (b) When maintenance equipment is being employed to maintain or groom a ski slope or trail while the ski slope or trail is
open to the public, the ski area operator shall place a conspicuous notice regarding the maintenance or grooming at or
near the top of that ski slope or trail.
- (c) A motor vehicle operated on the ski slope or trails of a ski area shall be equipped with at least
- (1) one lighted head lamp;
- (2) one lighted red tail lamp;
- (3) a brake system maintained in operable condition; and
- (4) a fluorescent flag at least 40 square inches mounted at least six feet above the bottom of the tracks.
- (d) A ski area operator shall make available at reasonable fees, instruction and education regarding the inherent danger
and risk of skiing and the duties imposed on skiers under this chapter. Notice of the availability of the instruction
and education required under this subsection shall be placed in a clearly visible location at the ski area where lift
tickets and ski school lessons are sold, in a position to be recognizable as a sign to skiers proceeding to the uphill
loading point of each base area lift, and printed on equipment rental agreements.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.