Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 5. Amusements and Sports
- Chapter 45. Ski Liability, Safety, and Responsibility
- Section 30. Duties of Passengers.
previous: Section 20
. Effect of Violations.
next: Section 40
. Required Plan and Patrol By Ski Area Operators.
AS 05.45.030. Duties of Passengers.
- (a) A passenger may not board a tramway if the passenger does not have
- (1) sufficient physical dexterity or ability and knowledge to negotiate or use the facility safely; or
- (2) the assistance of a person authorized by the ski area operator to assist a skier.
- (b) A passenger may not
- (1) embark upon or disembark from a tramway except at a designated area unless reasonably necessary to prevent injury to
the passenger or others; this paragraph does not apply if the tramway stops and the operator assists the passengers to
disembark from the tramway;
- (2) intentionally throw or expel an object from a tramway while riding on the tramway, except as permitted by the
- (3) act while riding on a tramway in a manner that may interfere with proper or safe operation of the tramway;
- (4) engage in conduct that may contribute to or cause injury to a person;
- (5) intentionally place in an uphill track of a J-bar, T-bar, platter pull, rope tow, or another surface lift an object
that could cause another skier to fall;
- (6) embark upon a tramway marked as closed;
- (7) disobey instructions posted in accordance with this chapter or oral instructions by the ski area operator regarding
the proper or safe use of a tramway unless the oral instructions are contrary to this chapter or contrary to posted
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.