Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 4. Alcoholic Beverages
- Chapter 16. Regulation of Sales and Distribution
- Section 51. Furnishing or Delivery of Alcoholic Beverages to Persons Under the Age of 21.
previous: Section 50
. Possession, Control, or Consumption By Persons Under the Age of 21.
next: Section 52
. Furnishing of Alcoholic Beverages to Persons Under the Age of 21 By Licensees.
AS 04.16.051. Furnishing or Delivery of Alcoholic Beverages to Persons Under the Age of 21.
- (a) A person may not furnish or deliver an alcoholic beverage to a person under the age of 21 years.
- (b) This section does not prohibit the furnishing or delivery of an alcoholic beverage
- (1) by a parent to the parent's child, by a guardian to the guardian's ward, or by a person to the legal spouse of that
person if the furnishing or delivery occurs off licensed premises; or
- (2) by a licensed physician or nurse to a patient in the course of administering medical treatment.
- (c) Acts unlawful under AS 11.51.130
are not made legal by (b) of this section.
- (d) A person acting with criminal negligence who violates this section is guilty of a class C felony if
- (1) within the five years preceding the violation, the person has been previously convicted under
- (A) this section; or
- (B) a law or ordinance of this or another jurisdiction with elements substantially similar to this section;
- (2) the person who receives the alcoholic beverage negligently causes serious physical injury to or the death of another
person while under the influence of the alcoholic beverage received in violation of this section; in this paragraph,
- (A) "negligently" means acting with civil negligence; and
- (B) "serious physical injury" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900
- (3) the violation occurs within the boundaries of a municipality or the perimeter of an established village that has
adopted a local option under AS 04.11.491
and has not opted out of applying a class C felony to violations of this section under AS 04.11.491
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.