Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 4. Alcoholic Beverages
- Chapter 11. Licensing
- Section 509. Notice of the Results of a Local Option Election.
previous: Section 508
. Establishment of Perimeter of Established Village.
next: Section 510
. Procedure For Action On License Applications, Suspensions, and Revocations.
AS 04.11.509. Notice of the Results of a Local Option Election.
- (a) If a majority of the voters vote to prohibit, change, or remove a local option under AS 04.11.491
- 04.11.495, the clerk of the municipality, or, if
the election is in an established village, the lieutenant governor shall notify the board of the results of the
election immediately after the results are certified. The board shall immediately notify the Department of Law and the
Department of Public Safety of the results of the election.
- (b) If a majority of the voters vote to prohibit the importation or possession of alcoholic beverages under AS 04.11.491
(a)(4) or (5) or (b)(3) or (4), the following actions in addition to those prescribed in (a) of this section shall be
taken before the date the prohibition becomes effective:
- (1) the board shall notify, by certified mail, all package store licensees who sell alcoholic beverages in response to a
written solicitation of the local option; and
- (2) the municipality or established village shall post public notice of the prohibition in a central location in the
municipality or village.
Article 07. BOARD PROCEDURES
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.