Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 3. Agriculture and Animals
- Chapter 55. Care of Animals; Control of Dogs
- Section 100. Minimum Standards of Care For Animals.
previous: Section 70
. Power of Village Council to Control Dogs.
next: Section 110
. Investigation of Cruelty to Animals Complaints.
AS 03.55.100. Minimum Standards of Care For Animals.
- (a) The minimum standards of care for animals include
- (1) food and water sufficient to maintain each animal in good health;
- (2) an environment compatible with protecting and maintaining the good health and safety of the animal; and
- (3) reasonable medical care at times and to the extent available and necessary to maintain the animal in good health.
- (b) Any determination as to whether or not the standards of this chapter are met shall be based on the professional
opinion of a veterinarian licensed under AS 08.98.
- (c) The department may adopt regulations to implement this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.