Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 3. Agriculture and Animals
- Chapter 35. Grazing Districts
- Section 55. Public Auction.
previous: Section 50
. Impounding and Public Sale of Animals Running at Large.
next: Section 60
. Penalty For Removing Impounded Animal. [Repealed, Sec. 21 Ch 166 SLA 1978].
AS 03.35.055. Public Auction.
- (a) Before the sale of the animal at public auction, notice of the sale shall be given by the impounder by posting a
written or printed notice of the time and place of sale in a public place nearest to the enclosure of the impounded
animal not less than 10 days before the day of the sale. The owner or claimant of the animal may redeem the animal at
any time before the sale by paying the reasonable charges for keeping and feeding the animal, together with damages and
costs, to the person impounding the animal.
- (b) The impounder, or an agent, shall sell the animal at public auction to the highest bidder in the manner provided for
the sale of personal property on execution.
- (c) Proceeds of the sale in excess of all reasonable charges and costs shall be paid over to the district judge for the
district to be disposed of as provided in AS 34.45.070
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.