Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 3. Agriculture and Animals
- Chapter 35. Grazing Districts
- Section 20. Petition to Create, Add, or Abolish.
previous: Section 10
. Establishment and Restriction in Use of Controlled Livestock Districts.
next: Section 30
. Notice, Hearing, and Order.
AS 03.35.020. Petition to Create, Add, or Abolish.
- (a) A controlled livestock district may be established upon petition of not less than 60 percent of the resident owners
and lessees of the land within the area to be included in the district who own or lease 30 percent of the land
described in the petition. The petition must contain a statement of its purpose, define the boundaries of the area to
be included within the district, be signed by the required resident owners and lessees within the area described, and
be filed with the district judge for the district within which the land is situated.
- (b) An addition to an established controlled livestock district may be made under the same procedures set out for creating
the district if the addition has at least 160 acres and is contiguous to the established district.
- (c) A portion of a controlled livestock district may be eliminated or a district may be dissolved if 60 percent of the
resident owners and lessees of the land within the district who own or lease 30 percent of the land within the district
petition for the elimination or dissolution under the procedure set out in this section for the establishment of a
controlled livestock district.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.