Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 3. Agriculture and Animals
- Chapter 10. Alaska Agricultural Loan Act
- Section 33. Restructuring of Agricultural Debt.
previous: Section 30
. Limitations On Loans.
next: Section 35
. Use or Disposal of Mortgaged Farm Land.
AS 03.10.033. Restructuring of Agricultural Debt.
- (a) To increase the return to the state, the Board of Agriculture and Conservation may restructure loans (1) in existence
on January 1, 1987, made by the former Agricultural Revolving Loan Fund Board or by the former Alaska Agricultural
Action Council based upon guidelines approved by the Board of Agriculture and Conservation; (2) of a borrower in an
area that has been declared a farm disaster area under AS 03.10.058
; or (3) of a borrower who has experienced an agricultural disaster based upon regulations adopted by the Board of
Agriculture and Conservation. Notwithstanding any other provision of law that relates to loan terms, the restructuring
may only include reduction of interest to a fixed rate not less than five percent a year, an extension of the term of
the loan, and an improvement to the security interest of the state. It may not reduce the amount of principal and
interest owed before the loan is restructured.
- (b) The maximum term of a loan modified under (a) of this section is 30 years from the date of restructuring.
- (c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this section, the Board of Agriculture and Conservation may approve an
application for restructuring under this section only upon
- (1) the applicant's written release of the state, including the University of Alaska, from all potential liability for
actions and omissions occurring before the date of restructuring that relate in any way to a state farm project, land
sale, land sale relinquishment, farm loan, or loan application or loan modification application, whether granted or
denied by the state; and
- (2) assignment by the applicant to the board of the proceeds from the federal government under 7 U.S.C. 1442 (Conservation
Reserve Program) and P.L. 88-26 (Feed Grain Act of 1963), as amended.
- (d) If the board receives proceeds under (c)(2) of this section that exceed the amount owed and credited to the loan
during the year, the board shall refund the extra proceeds to the applicant.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.