Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 65. Actions, Immunities, Defenses, and Duties
- Section 170. Limited Liability of Certain Directors and Officers.
previous: Section 161
. Immunity For Disclosure of Required Health Care Data.
next: Section 180
. Civil Liability of Zoos.
AS 09.65.170. Limited Liability of Certain Directors and Officers.
- (a) Unless the act or omission constituted gross negligence, a person may not recover tort damages for personal injury,
death, or damage to property for an act or omission to act in the course and scope of official duties, from one of the
- (1) a member of the board of directors or an officer of a nonprofit corporation;
- (2) a member of the board of directors of a public or nonprofit hospital, or a member of a citizen's advisory board of any
- (3) a member of a school board of a school district;
- (4) a member of the governing body, a commission, or a citizen's advisory committee of a municipality of the state;
- (5) a member of the board of directors, an officer, or an employee of a regional development organization.
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, the duties and liabilities of a director or officer of a nonprofit corporation to
the corporation or the corporation's shareholders may not be limited or modified.
- (c) In this section,
- (1) "nonprofit corporation " means a corporation that qualifies for exemption from taxation under 26 U.S.C. 501(c)(3) or
(4) (Internal Revenue Code);
- (2) [See delayed amendment note]. "regional development organization" has the meaning given in AS 44.33.895
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.