Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 50. Alaska Revised Limited Liability Company Act
- Section 305. Restrictions On Distributions.
previous: Section 300
. Interim Distributions Without Operating Agreement.
next: Section 315
. Additional Restrictions in Articles or Agreement.
AS 10.50.305. Restrictions On Distributions.
- (a) A distribution may not be made by a limited liability company if, after giving effect to the distribution,
- (1) the company would not be able to pay its debts as they become due in the usual course of conducting its affairs; or
- (2) the limited liability company's assets would be less than the sum of its liabilities plus, unless otherwise provided
in an operating agreement, the amount that would be needed, if the limited liability company were to be dissolved at
the time of the distribution, to satisfy the preferential rights of other members upon dissolution that are superior to
the rights of the member receiving the distribution.
- (b) A limited liability company may base a determination that a distribution is not prohibited under (a) of this section
- (1) financial statements prepared on the basis of accounting practices and principles that are reasonable under the
- (2) a fair valuation or other method that is reasonable under the circumstances.
- (c) Except as provided in (e) of this section, the effect of a distribution in accordance with (a) of this section is
measured as of the date
- (1) the distribution is authorized if the payment occurs within 120 days after the date of authorization; or
- (2) payment is made if the payment occurs more than 120 days after the date of authorization.
- (d) If the terms of an indebtedness provide that payment of principal and interest is to be made only if and to the extent
that payment of a distribution to members could then be made under this section, indebtedness of a limited liability
company, including indebtedness issued as a distribution, is not a liability for purposes of determinations made under
(b) of this section.
- (e) If indebtedness is issued as a distribution, each payment of principal or interest on the indebtedness is treated as a
distribution, and the effect of the distribution is measured on the date the payment is actually made.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.