Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 15. Alaska Cooperative Corporation Act
- Section 595. Definitions.
previous: Section 590
. Effect of Amendment or Repeal of Chapter.
next: Section 600
. Short Title.
AS 10.15.595. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "articles" means articles of incorporation;
- (2) "board" means board of directors;
- (3) "commissioner" means the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development;
- (4) "cooperative" means a cooperative corporation subject to the provisions of this chapter;
- (5) "corporation" means a corporation that is not a cooperative;
- (6) "court" means superior court;
- (7) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (8) "foreign cooperative" means a cooperative corporation organized under laws other than the laws of this state;
- (9) "member" means a person who has been qualified and accepted for membership in a cooperative;
- (10) "membership stock" means a class of stock, continuous ownership of which is required for membership in a cooperative;
- (11) "shareholder" means a holder of shares of capital stock of a cooperative other than membership stock.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.