Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 15. Alaska Cooperative Corporation Act
- Section 370. Procedure For Adopting Amendments.
previous: Section 365
. Amendment of Articles.
next: Section 375
. Shareholder and Member Voting On Amendments to Articles.
AS 10.15.370. Procedure For Adopting Amendments.
- (a) An amendment to the articles shall be made in the manner set out in this section.
- (b) The board shall adopt a resolution setting forth the proposed amendment and directing it to be submitted to a vote at
an annual or special meeting of the members of the cooperative.
- (c) Written notice setting out the proposed amendment or a summary of the changes to be effected by the amendment shall be
given to each member of record within the time and in the manner provided in this chapter for the giving of notice of
meetings of members. If the meeting is an annual meeting, the proposed amendment or the summary may be included in the
notice of the annual meeting.
- (d) At the meeting the members shall vote on the proposed amendment. The proposed amendment is adopted if it receives the
affirmative vote of a majority of the member votes cast. If shareholders are entitled by this chapter to vote on the
proposed amendment, the proposed amendment is adopted if it receives the approval of shareholders as specified in this
chapter, as well as the affirmative vote of a majority of member votes cast. Any number of amendments may be submitted
to the members and voted upon by them at one meeting.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.