Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 15. Alaska Cooperative Corporation Act
- Section 20. Membership.
previous: Section 15
next: Section 25
. Registered Office and Registered Agent.
AS 10.15.020. Membership.
- (a) Membership in a cooperative is conditioned on ownership of a share of membership stock or payment of a membership fee
as set forth in the articles. However, the bylaws of a cooperative may authorize membership conditioned upon payment
of part of the membership fee or payment for part of the membership stock subscribed for and compliance with an
agreement to pay the balance.
- (b) The bylaws of the cooperative shall set forth the qualifications for membership and method of acceptance of members;
however, the bylaws may not deny membership privileges or votes to any owner or holder of a producer's certificate of
equity if they own or hold payable or past due certificates of $2,500 or more.
- (c) Bylaws may provide for termination of membership and the conditions and terms of termination.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.